Monday, October 1, 2007

Nueva York

We went on our favorite Washington Deluxe bus this weekend to visit David in NYC. The special double bonus was that my mom was visiting Cynthia in Boston and they both came down for the weekend. Yay family!! (and Delfine)
Aren't David and Alex just the cutest couple!?!?
We started out at our favorite hang out on 53rd and 9th - Mange y Bevi. I've told you guys about this place before - they have dancing on chairs, dancing with waiters and tambourines at the tables. I know of no other restaurant where you get up from the table and dance your little heart out and then go back to eating dinner like it was nothing. Cynthia and I found our own little dancing spot. Later on my mom decided she wanted to get up and dance too. My favorite part, though, was when the waiter brought a round of shots to us all, and as my mom held it, she whispered scandalously, "does this have alcohol in it?!??!" and then she proceeded to down it in one gulp. It was hilarious. After we got back, we just chit chatted with David and Alex about their adventures en Cuba, and chilled.

Yes, this is at dinner. Not at a club or a bar.

And my mom was ready for the party!We celebrated Alex's birthday with requisite chair dancing, the whole restaurant singing to her, and shared a delightfully decadent and creamy tiramisu.
Saturday afternoon, we browsed and ate at the street fair. I bought my mom a little b-day present, and stocked up on accessories - a scarf, a hat, a headband, sunglasses... i was having a blast. We had a delicious thai dinner - and I couldn't believe it was my mom's first experience with thai food!!! It's definitely a favorite of Lane's and mine. We checked out a cool play in the evening that Alex got us tickets for. It was an intense drama set in Taos, New Mexico in the mid 1800's. The actors were all spectacular. And in reading the bios, we learned that practically every actor in NY has been in Law & Order. Apparently, that's your magic ticket to making it in theatre.

We finished the night with some dancing/bar action...

Sunday was so relaxing. Lane and I had a leisurely brunch and then sauntered through Central Park and met my mom and David where we shared a cheese and fruit plate and I took pictures of some of the characters we came across in the park, like this weird lady: Strawberry Fields - Before we knew it, it was time to go back.

Adios, Nueva York. More pics are on our Our Pics link...

1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

You got some GREAT pictures!!!! I have never seen so many beautiful women!

Clearly, your mother is tons of fun. The shot story is classic.

Alex could be your sister....