Thursday, March 10, 2011

Family Portrait

Gabriela started drawing much more detailed people just very recently. I've been dying for her to make a picture of her family.  She has never been interested whenever I've asked her to make a pic of us.  But yesterday I got out drawing supplies for a totally different project, and before I knew it, she was drawing us.  She drew a circle and said, "This is my Mommy. These are her eyes, here is her mouth, and her nose, and these are her eyebrows." And, this is the first drawing ever where she's actually drawn bodies on the faces!
Gabriela with the cutest smile ever on the left, Mommy, and Daddy

I have to get a frame for this as soon as possible. Can you tell I'm a proud mama? I've been thinking it would be a fun project to save drawing she does of her family over time and then we'd see how her drawings change throughout the years.

No comments: