Friday, December 3, 2010

Gabriela Says...

"That's Crazy, Daddy!"

"Shall I calm down?"

"Mommy, can I have dinner?"  The interesting (and embarrassing) part of this story is that I got Gabriela all ready for bed. We brushed her teeth, got on her jammies, said goodnights, and were reading stories when she sweetly asked for dinner, reminding me that I had totally forgotten that minor detail.  Yeah, that was a good mom moment.  Then she said something a few days later and I asked what she said. Her response? "Mom, I'm just telling Papa a story!  Sooooo, I reading stories in the bed and I ask my mommy, 'can I have some dinner?!?!?!" She totally ratted me out!

We've been having a great run with potty training lately.  We started getting serious in Santa Barbara.  I think Gabriela just decided we weren't going to give up on the whole potty training stuff, so she's playing along now.  I've only changed one poopy diaper since Halloween.  And we've started going places with her in undies without incidents. Anyway, the other week we were driving when Gabriela announced she had to make a pee-pee and she was holding it. I winced and told her it was okay if she went in her diaper since we were driving. Gabriela had none of this and immediately yelled in desperation, "STOP THE CAR!!!! I HAVE TO GO PEE PEE". We had the pleasure of using a gas station potty. 

"My Daddy is Uncle Lane's brother"

"I'm just going to lay up" You know, instead of laying down.

"Oh my sakes!" is one of my favorites.

Gabriela's favorite words right now are "just" and "already" as in, "Mom! I just already did that"

No comments: