Friday, January 13, 2012

Gabriela - in the mind of a 3 year old

As we were driving by Thompson Avenue the other day, Gabriela announced that we were passing Christmas Tree Lane.  How does she know this?!?  This little lady is ultra aware of her surroundings.

The other day, I asked her to be considerate. Without skipping a beat, she informed me that the word 'considerate' is in the book Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse.  It sure is.

On the way to Fairyland (as we were passing a lake with a nice walking path around it), Gabriela said, "Mom, when you exercise you hold your phone and put little ear plug things inside your ears and wear shorts". Quite the little observer, although she certainly didn't observe ME doing that.

But this last one just completely blows my mind.  We talk about daycare every once in a while, but mostly just that Mommy used to work, and she met her friend Keady at daycare.  Well, out of nowhere, Gabriela told Lane and me, "Remember when I used to go to daycare and they would put us all in white highchairs and give us bowls of cheerios to eat?"  What the heck, people?!?!?  She was 22 months old when I took her out of daycare.  Now she is 3.5.. that's 42 months old!!!  

She never ceases to amaze me, that one.

No comments: