Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gabriela's First Haircut

Okay, so technically Gabriela got a "half haircut" when she was about one year old. She had these little wisps of hair on each side of her head, but she pulled all the wisps out of one side of her head. Whoops.  Her hairdo was totally lopsided so we had to correct that.

But Gabriela hadn't had a haircut since.  Her hair was all the way down her back and getting really hard to manage.  I adored those sweet curls, but they were all tangled and the ends just weren't healthy anymore.  It was time. 

The before shot
 The damage
I was so stressed out and in disbelief that I was actually cutting her sweet curls off!
 
Obviously, Gabriela is happy with the results.  

 I swear, I didn't mean to cut it as short as I did.  Lane even asked me what happened.  Like, what happened to just a couple inches??!!  I am not going to lie, I shed a few tears.  There was something about her hair cut that made her look like such a big girl. 
 And this is the curl I saved for her. 
 
We still don't know if her baby curls are gone forever, or if they will come back. Gabriela's hair is kind of wavy right now.  She loved getting a haircut so I was sure to put the scissors out of reach and remind her that only grown ups are allowed to cut hair.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eek! I love it. Her hair looks so cute. I remember Mina's first haircut being slightly traumatic for me too.