Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Hospital Stay

Gabriela came back to the hospital with Lane, who brought things for Easton and me, as well as dinner for our whole family. Gabriela fell asleep in my arms snuggling after telling me about her fun day with Heather, Serkan, and Rowan.

Easton and I went to bed as soon as Lane and Gabriela left.  I was worried I might get some slack from the hospital staff for bringing Easton into the bed with me instead of having him sleep in the crib, but they didn't say a word.  They did want to put him on constant fluids through his IV, but I told them I wanted to nurse him instead. I said we could reevaluate if there appeared to be a problem, and they were happy to agree, thank goodness.

Easton didn't cry once during the whole night. And when he woke up, he was all smiles.  And he stayed that way throughout his entire stay at the hospital.

Thank goodness Lane was able to stay home. He took Gabriela to preschool, they went to the playground, had tea parties, and played tons of pretend games. Meanwhile, I was in the hospital having a vacation.  It really was a piece of cake! Easton wasn't connected to any tubes or anything. He's an easy baby, he was smiley. And I wasn't chasing after or entertaining Gabriela or dividing my attention. It was quiet, and worlds better than our day at the ER. We sang songs and while he rested, I worked on his valentines and read more than 100 pages in my book. 

Easton continued to get his antibiotics through his IV during our hospital stay. His cultures confirmed the UTI and they prescribed an oral antibiotic for him. 

The second night we had pizza delivered to our room and Gabriela and Lane and I played Uno and Zingo together. It was family game night at the hospital!  We certainly made the most of our stay, and were happy to go back home.