Monday, September 10, 2012

First day of Preschool

I told Gabriela I wanted to take her picture in front of our house on her first day of school and this girl started busting out all kinds of fancy poses. She insisted that she sit on the step.


I love how much spunk she has.  Gabriela walked right into her classroom like she owned the place, she wasn't nervous one little bit. It helps that we were assigned the same location as last year, and that she has some of the same teachers.  We expected to know three other kids in her class, but it turns out that she knows 7 kids.  score!

Gabriela was running like wild after school on the playground, so I know she had a good time and was really excited about it.  Yesterday she asked if it was a preschool day and told me she was so excited.  When I asked why she said, "I'm just so excited to see the other kids' outfits. They might be similar to what they wore yesterday".  It's apparently all about the fashion, people.

After playing on the playground and enjoying our picnic lunch there, Gabriela asked if she could go somewhere special, since it was her first day of school. I was already planning on taking her out to frozen yogurt, so it was settled. She told me all about her day - from who got to be the line leader, to what they ate for snack, and what book Teacher Dana read to them. 

 Then we went to Rocket ReUse to check out some books.  We found an awesome over-sized read aloud edition of The Mouse and the Motorcycle, and Gabriela tried on every single pair of high heeled shoes in the store. 
 On Wednesday, Gabriela asked if she could go somewhere special since it was her second day of school.  Oh, so clever, this one.  We went to the library and got a film about Antarctica. That's almost like getting frozen yogurt, right?

My little girl is getting so big. It almost makes me cry just thinking about the fact that she will be a kindergartner next year.

No comments: