Tuesday, February 12, 2013

15 months old

Wow, it really feels like so much has happened with Easton over the last month.  For starters, he doesn't want to be carried anywhere.  He sometimes gets very upset when I won't let him just walk/run around exploring the world.  Easton even fusses when we go inside, because he just wants to be outdoors.  It's a little tricky managing his exploration - the little guy is fast and doesn't always want to stay on the sidewalk. But he has got to learn somehow.

It feels like he understands us so much more this month, or maybe he is just able to show it more.  He shakes his head no when we ask him to do something he doesn't want to do. If I ask him to hold my hand, he stops and opens his to grab mine, if I ask if he wants to walk, he starts reaching his legs down (all the time).  As a result, I haven't really bothered to teach him many more signs this month. He still has a few: Carrot, Alligator, Baby

Words: Easton signs a ton, gets by with head nodding and shaking, and yelling when he really, really, really wants something.  So he doesn't say too many words.  Ones that he does say (some are old, some are new) include Dada, Mama, Nana, on, up, door, dog.  I think I caught him saying goat and ball this week, but I'm not positive.

I have been showing him our family photos and naming everyone in them. When I do, Easton asks for more and so we do it over and over again. The other day as Lane carried him by the photo, Easton stopped, pointed, and clearly said, "Nana!" I, of course, immediately called my mom to let her know.

We think he called Gabriela "Baba" the other day.  Immediately, Gabriela smiled and said, "it's okay if he calls me Baba".  It was the sweetest moment, and I am pretty sure I got a little teary eyed.

Easton buzzes like a bee, barks like a dog, moos like a cow, neighs like a horse, and makes the cutest meow sound this side of the Mississippi. Easton also made up a little clicking sound for birds, which he always does now when he sees one.

He points to his ears, hair, nose, fingers, belly, and toes, and sticks his tongue out when you ask where it is. I am amazed to think that he didn't do these things last month. 


Easton signs for Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and starts signing "up" right when we sing "Up above the world so high"

He constantly brings us books to read, and his favorites are always books with photos of animals.

We have also had a rough patch recently. Easton cut four of his incisor teeth this month.  FOUR! The bottom two are clearly through and the top two just barely have the pointy part showing through. No doubt about it, these four teeth have been the hardest for Easton. They are so sharp! Hyland's Teething Tablets are my new best friend.  And apparently, Easton's too. At first, Easton would scream and cry and try to pull them out of his mouth. He has had a change of heart though, and now pops them into his own mouth, immediately signing for more.

 I hope to post some updated photos soon, but first I have to take them. I have been horrible with the camera this month.



No comments: