Friday, April 4, 2014

38 Weeks

Today I am 38 weeks pregnant.

I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions like nobody's business.  The other night, I woke up like four or five times to a rock solid belly.  They are just enough to be uncomfortable (and to wake me up), but not enough to be considered painful.  Sometimes I have ones that I call perma-contractions.  My belly just contracts and stays that way for ages.  The midwives tell me this is very common for subsequent babies and that this will likely continue up until I am actually in labor.

I just have to remember that my body is practicing, and that this will make labor more effective, when it actually starts up for real. With Easton, every time this happened, I thought I was going into labor. It drove me kind of crazy wondering if every day was "the day". So this time, I am trying to keep things into perspective, and get extra rest as often as I can so that I have energy for the big day.

Every day I am taking this birth prep supplement, evening primrose oil, my prenatal vitamin, a probiotic pill, eating dates, and drinking my pregnancy tea to get my body ready for this baby's arrival.

I felt awful and crampy all morning. I took a shower and then declared today "homeschool from bed" day. So Gabriela got into bed with me and we read and did her school work while Easton drove cars up and down my bed and played with stickers on the floor.  After my nap I felt better, so Gabriela and I made a count down paper chain for the baby's birth day.

I have big plans for this weekend to cook and freeze lots of food and get some last minute preparation items taken care of.  Wish me luck!!


No comments: