Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Baby Shower - Baby #3

Well, these ladies did it again.  My sisters and Mama and Auntie Liss threw me a sweet, perfect party to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby Girl Grover. 
 Meliss complimented me on unknowingly matching my dress to the decor.  I had no idea! Too bad you can't see my shoes in this photo. It is the one time this pregnancy that I have braved heeled shoes. I even had to have Lane buckle them for me, because there was no way I could do it myself!

Thanks to my wonderful friends and family, and this being the third baby, I didn't really need much.  I had a ton of little girl clothes, even though I remember giving away so many. A dear friend lent me an entire cloth diaper stash, and another friend from our homeschool group lent me a ton of newborn cloth diapers. And of course, we have so much of our baby gear still.  So we decided that the focus on this shower would be a fun crafty activity, and if people were so inclined, they could share a meal that I could freeze, because that's what I thought would be the most useful and helpful.

So here are some of my ladies hard at work, decorating onesies for Baby Girl Grover.  My sisters bought the onesies, and spent lots of time cutting out shapes and letters onto different darling fabrics that people could use to create whatever design they wanted.  All people had to do was choose their onesie, the design, and iron it on.  There was also a ton of extra fabric and extra stencils so people could make whatever they liked. It was so fun seeing everyone's designs!

Some lovely Grover ladies

 Cynthia was the onesie police and was sure to capture a photo of everyone with their masterpiece.  Unfortunately, Blogger is being a pain right now, and not letting me upload rotated vertical pictures, so I am only sharing a few of the horizontal photos taken.

Auntie Banu with her beautiful Beauty Onesie
 Mama Daughter Photo
 Another Mama Daughter photo
I just love Natalie's onesie for our baby girl!
 

 And here are some of the final products on display for us all to admire!
 My sister, Cynthia, and me.  Dang, she looks cute in my clothes ;)  She inherited an entire wardrobe of non-maternity clothes!

 My Grover Ladies and me
 I have had so much fun sharing this pregnancy with these beautiful ladies.
 So at the end of the afternoon, Meliss came inside sporting a basketball under her shirt, saying that was exactly what my belly looked like. I just couldn't believe it, that is, until after I saw the photo.  Okay, so I am hiding a basketball under my dress, what can I say??? :-)
 One last pic of my Clower girls and me.
.
And even though I said I didn't really need any baby stuff, I was still showered with such sweet goodness.  Handmade baby hats and blankets and quilts, mama relaxation gifts, and other loveliness.  This baby and I, and well, my whole family, are so lucky to be surrounded by so much love.

We are all excited and anxious to meet this baby girl. Thank you everyone for such a wonderful afternoon!

No comments: