Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tomorrow's a big day

Going to work tomorrow. **sigh** I plan to start out with a clean apartment (half way there), all the laundry done (some folding left), and a freezer full of dinners I made (check!). Still have to make dinner for tonight and finish gathering supplies for Gabriela's first day at daycare. Oh, man. Last night I finally faced it and burst into tears. It's going to be a hard day for everyone. Thank goodness Lane is working different hours and we can go to daycare together in the morning. I am getting teary eyed just thinking about it. Wish me luck being away from my baby all day, actually getting some work done, and mastering this whole pumping madness.

3 comments:

banananutmeg said...

if you watch the office, there are some great clips/tips on pumping at the office to give you some "what not to do" pointers :o)

you'll be fine. Gabriella will be fine. You will miss her like crazy. You will enjoy the break and adult conversation. She will save some poop and spit up and smiles for you.
good luck!

Theresa said...

Elena you're making me cry. Things will be okay. She will just appreciate her mommy much much more. I love you and wish I could be there for you. Love you. Here is a big hug from your sis.

Scott said...

It will be tough, but you'll get through it... You do amazing things that she will grow up and be proud of.