Sunday, October 10, 2010

10/10/10

Today is my mom's birthday. We gave her this little bouquet of notes with all sorts things we love about her.  I counted them all and there were 93!!!  I think every one put at least one note about how much they enjoy my mom's cooking and certain specialty dishes of hers. There were also several about her fab gardening and crafting skills.  Here are just a few:

I love you Nana, even more than puppy dog - Baby Caetlin
The smartest thing I ever did was get you to marry me
I don't know what I ever would have done without you by my side that first week with Gabriela
Thank you for growing us a pumpkin patch, Nana.  You think of everything!
Love is sweet, like you, Nana!
I'm a better man because you're my mother.
I love that even as an adult I am still learning from my mom
I love how I always want to talk to my mom when I’m sick or feeling down and you always lift my spirits 
I really enjoyed the cruises you made us go on. 
You have the most handsome son. 

Some were silly, some were tear-jerkers, and I even collected notes from my brother and sister who don't live locally.  My mom sat and read every single one aloud.  She loves them.  We were all thrilled that she enjoyed this special gift so much.  Happy birthday, Mom.

5 comments:

banananutmeg said...

what a beautiful way to celebrate your mom! I love this idea.

Unknown said...

I like "you are intelitive and you love Papa (put a question mark!)"

Theresa said...

Yeah sometimes I don't know about that little boy of mine. It was nice and I think everyone enjoyed writing them. Great idea Elena.

Mom said...

Such wonderful thoughts mean so much to me. Thanks, everyone.

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

how sweet...what a super cute idea too! I just might copy that idea... ;)