Monday, July 18, 2011

Pirate Party Essentials

 
No pirate party is complete without pirate rice krispie treat pops, right?  Thanks to Adam and Stephanie and Baby Thomas for helping me with these bad boys.

 
A pirate cake. This was really team effort. Lane baked the cake, I made the chocolate ganache frosting, and Auntie Liss put it all together.

 
Every pirate needs an eye patch. Thanks Kiera for whipping these up on your sewing machine.

 
Pirate goodies. I decided to have the party at 2 so it wasn't a meal time and we wouldn't have to worry about feeding people. I kind of went a little overboard, as usual. I think it's the mexican in me that needs to feed everyone and has an irrational fear of people going hungry.

 
Some swashbuckling pirates and pirate presents. And if you look really closely, you can see some pirate goodie bags in the window sill.
 
  The pirate of honor, herself.




 More pirates, and a pirate flag, of course.  Check out Beau holding one of the pirate goodie bags I sewed. I am so bummed I forgot to photograph them before passing them out to the lil pirates.
 Pirates get hurt sometimes, so you need pirate bandaids.


 And what pirate party is complete without a pirate treasure hunt? Adam put together the cutest pirate treasure hunt map for Gabriela and she found a little treasure chest with goodies right outside in the front yard! 
It was a huge success.  I wasn't going to do a themed party and was feeling so guilty about it, since Gabriela has been talking about her pirate party ever since her monkey party ended. But I'm pregnant, and we just moved two weeks ago.  I thought we could get away without the themed madness.  So, already feeling guilty, I just melted when I heard Gabriela invite her new neighbors to her party all on her own. "You want to come to my birthday party?!? It's going to be a PIRATE PARTY!!!!!" How could I let that little sweetheart down?

Thank goodness our friends and family pulled together to make the pirate magic happen. Thanks everyone for all your help!

Leftover pirate goodness

No comments: