Sunday, July 24, 2011

Quick Recap

Our ELEVEN year anniversary was this Saturday. Lane & I have been married to each other for one third of our lives. We had big plans to spend Saturday celebrating our 4 year old niece's bday. Lane surprised me on Thursday by advising me that I needed to drop Gabriela off at her Auntie's house...and to pack a bag for her because she was spending the night.  Then he sent me off to get a massage. it was heavenly. I stopped in a couple stores in our cute downtown, picked up a couple things for Gabriela and Baby Brother and then it was off to a dinner date at the Cambodian restaurant. delish. I haven't had Cambodian food before.  It was so sweet to have time with just Lane, to have him surprise me like that. yay.

Friday I called to check up on Gabriela, she was very upset to learn I was coming to pick her up later that morning.  So glad to hear that she loved her visit, especially since that is likely where she will go for several days when we go to the hospital for Baby Brother's birth. 

Saturday was Miss Mina's 4th bday and party. It was great to see Tim and Kristie's new house in Hollister. We ate lots of good food and Mina was showered with Hello Kitty gifts.  After all the kids had a turn on the piƱata with no candy in sight, i thought it was only appropriate to give it a whirl myself. A few whacks and mission accomplished. Gabriela announced she was tired on the way home and was passed out 2 minutes later.

Sunday Gabriela spent hours playing blocks with Daddy, then we picked tons of blackberries at Nana's house. We played her new birthday game from Auntie Theresa...twice. And then it was off to show Nana how she rides her bike like a big girl and time to take a dip in the pool. Busy, busy day.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Elena-I just found your blog again after several months of not looking at it. Congratulations on your pregnancy! We are again pregnant at the same time, although mine is not due until Feb. We've been living in Peru since Dec. and loving it. Glad to see you're doing well! Hugs and kisses from fellow future big sister Francesca!