Thursday, April 12, 2012

Auntie Cynthia Returns

All I have to say is thank goodness for Auntie Cynthia.  It would be an understatement to say we were having a rough morning before she arrived.  But she was on her way up to San Francisco to catch her return flight and asked if she could come by.  Gabriela magically turned back into her sweet self. We enjoyed lunch at the Thai restaurant down the street where I ate my entire meal without holding any kids, or having any kids hang on me. It felt luxurious.

Cynthia and I were toying with the idea of getting pedicures when she suggested that Gabriela and I get them instead while she was on Auntie duty. She said she could have a pedicure anytime and I should enjoy one; bless that woman! I had my first pedicure since Easton was born, and Gabriela had her first ever at the nail salon. 
 She was too short to sit in the pedicure chairs, so the owner fixed a little set up just the right size for Gabriela.
 She picked purple glitter nail polish. Purple is her favorite color, and who can go wrong with sparkles??!
One of the very few pictures of Easton and his mama.  I need a haircut so badly.
 Look at that angel face! Gabriela felt so grown up and pampered!

Thank you, Auntie Cynthia, for saving the day. Gabriela is already talking about when she can return to the nail salon.

No comments: