Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day weekend

Wow. This was the first weekend in ages that we have actually been in town for the whole weekend. No packing bags for long drives and overnight excursions. It was nice to be home.

On Friday night we went to see a play for Family Fun night. Alameda Children's Musical Theater out on a darling performance of The Wizard of Oz. Gabriela was so excited to see Glinda. It was a great experience since she knew the story from reading the book. It is also one of Gabriela's favorite movies and the play had all the same songs, interlude music and even the same dialogue for much of the play. Easton even paid close attention for much of the first act, clapping and everything. But he had to get get up and run around and then fell asleep during the second act. Gabriela was thrilled to meet the actors after the show. Every time we see a play she asks when she can be on stage. I am not going to lie, I can't wait either. I think she would do great.  But I don't know how I would do. I was practically in tears at some parts of the show, watching these talented kids who worked so hard to put on a show. I was so proud of them and I have never even met them. 

As we laid in bed on Saturday morning, I thought about how we haven't been home in ages to make a big yummy weekend breakfast. Gabriela must have read my mind because she asked Daddy if she could help him make pancakes. Lane made pancakes and eggs and breakfast potatoes and melon. What a breakfast!  Gabriela made a birthday card for her friend and then we headed to the most over the top amazing birthday party we have ever attended. 





I just hope Gabriela doesn't think we will be hosting parties like this for her. Everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly.   We arrived at noon, left at six, bathed the  kids and they were out for the count. 

Sunday was Mother's Day and while we were in bed, Lane informed me that I had a massage appointment later that afternoon. It was heavenly relaxation   I felt amazing afterwards. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift. I also received the cutest drawings, some flowers, and a husband-made dinner. 

Sunday was also Easton's half birthday. my
baby!!!  So we had a cake, put his birthday crown on him, sang "happy half birthday to you" and Easton surprised us all by gracefully blowing out his candle on the first try. 

No comments: