Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My tender hearted girl

Tonight, as I tucked Gabriela into bed, I laid a pink crocheted blanket on her that my mom made for her. On top, I laid out the blankie she especially requested -the white crocheted blanket that MY Nana made. It is Gabriela's blanket, but my Nana made and gifted me this baby blanket years before I was ever pregnant with Gabriela. She died three years before Gabriela was born. Even though Gabriela knows, I remind her of who made each blanket and that she is covered with love. 

Tonight, she burst into tears and said it makes her so sad every time I say, "my Nana" because it reminds her that she is dead and that, even though she never met her, she just knows that she loves her. 

What a precious little sweetheart. I reminded her that  my nana handmade that blanket with love for her, even though they had never met before, and how special it is and how lucky she is to share a name with my nana , and how I just know that she would have loved Gabriela to pieces.  

No comments: