Thursday, March 27, 2014

37 weeks

Is it just me, or has this pregnancy totally flown by?  I guess homeschooling a kindergartner and chasing after a toddler will do that - make time whiz by.

Gabriela was born five days after her due date and Easton was actually born on his. I can't help but wonder if this baby will come early. 

I have been taking my evening primrose oil and this Christopher's Birth Prep herb supplement to get things going. I am also drinking pregnancy tea and eating lots of dates. Apparently a recent study shows that consuming dates at the end of pregnancy can help with reducing the need for induction, reducing the length of the first stage of labor, and increased cervical dilation. I figured it can't hurt to try since dates are delicious, healthy, and I already had a huge tub of them. 

Baby has been head down for weeks now, so it's safe to say that she will  remain in that position. I have noticed more frequent Braxton Hicks contractions, lots more. It's uncomfortable, but I try to remember that my body is warming up, exercising and getting ready for the big day. 

The big due date is April 19th - the day before Easter. I am kind of rooting for Baby Girl to make her grand entrance on April 14th.  You know, 4.14.14.  That would be a cool date of birth.  It's also big cousin Christianne's birthday, as well as Grandpa's.

Only time will tell.  Tomorrow I am officially 37 weeks pregnant and clear for birth.

I really think Easton knows it's coming soon.  He is starting to have more tantrums, is easily upset, and insists on sleeping and napping with his arms wrapped completely around me, almost as if putting me in a head lock, with his face right next to mine.  Easton also kisses my belly, tells everyone his baby sister is in there, and shows us how he will gently hold the baby.

I am taking time to enjoy the extra cuddling and hoping that our transition to a family of five goes nice and smoothly. 



No comments: