Saturday, May 9, 2015

Baby Grover 4.0, 15 weeks

This week, week 15, we went to visit our midwife. Gabriela came with a written list of questions. (When can the baby hear? Can the baby suck its thumb? When can Mama feel the baby? When can I feel the baby move?).

The kids both helped Lindy listen to the baby's heartbeat. At my last visit, we decided to skip listening to the heartbeat. At 10 weeks, I was still within the range of it being normal to not yet find one with the Doppler machines at the office. In an effort to reduce anxiety about not finding it, we just decided to wait. But this time, Lindy found it right away and let us all listen for a long time to that strong little rhthym. 

I was finally able to do some prenatal yoga at home this week. Gabriela saw me and reminisced about how I'd done this yoga when I was pregnant with Simone. I knew I had to wait until she knew, because otherwise my cover would be blown. 

I hope it's something I can keep up because, already, I am starting to get achy and uncomfortable at night. I am also experiencing pregnancy insomnia, something I get with all my pregnancies. 

This week, I have been feeling movements that I am pretty sure are the baby. They are so subtle, almost like a brushing across my uterus. But Wednesday night, during our support group, I felt a definite kick. I am sure they will start coming more regularly very soon. 

I am obviously pregnant now, since forever two people today just asked me when I am due, and not if I was pregnant.

One thing I really regretted about my pregnancy with Simone was not documenting it more. There's not much to remember her by in this internet space. I want to remember and celebrate this pregnancy as much as I can, no matter the outcome. 

No comments: