Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Easton's Half Birthday


May 12th again, and that means it's Easton's half birthday. My big boy is now officially 3 1/2!

Easton has managed to learn how to do a whole row of monkey bars on his own. 

I think he is going through a growth spurt, because he's been napping much more often, all of a sudden. 

Easton loves "underdog" pushes on the swings, building elaborate train tracks, speeding around on his balance bike, and of course Star Wars. He loves Legos, mostly just builds guns for Star Wars battles. Easton adores the chickens, especially his chick that he named Dark Vader, although they seem pretty terrified of him. He insists on joining me to give the chickens their food scraps every day. He adores playing in Daddy's truck and doing projects with daddy, especially if it involves hammers or drills. 

Easton enjoys eating homemade date balls, pizza, pesto, carrots, seaweed and sardines, and any kind of fruit. 

If it's really quiet, I can usually find Easton reading a pile of books. He has several books that he has memorized and is very proud of himself for being able to read them. Easton has also had some "kindergarten" lessons led by his big sister. Because of these, he will tell you that George Washington is on the dollar bill and was the first president. He knows that zero plus any number is that same number. Easton likes to put out eight fingers and say "mommy, Dis eight legs??" He likes to recite Jack and Jill and will sing Make New Friends and the days of the week song. 

Thank goodness he is still my little love bug. When Easton is tired he wants to snuggle. He asks for his Mama Skin and nestles into my neck and chest. Just this morning, Easton woke up, got closer to me, said, "you're da best mama. Best mommy." And then snuggled up and fell back to sleep. Yesterday as I cried at our donation drop off, Easton climbed into my arms to hug and kiss me, just like he has done so many times over the past year. 

He is a daredevil, supreme tree climber, cuddler extraordinaire, expert chicken chaser, lover of all books, potty humor enthusiast, and basically just a great kid to have and love every single day. Sure he has his three year old moments of defiance, gives me a run for my money at tooth brushing time, and wants to eat anytime but meal time.  But I wouldn't have it any other way. Easton Michael, thank you for being such a sweetheart. Your mama loves you so very much. 

All tuckered out. It's hard work being three and a half!




No comments: