Monday, December 7, 2015

After Thanksgiving


The whole Grover family rented a ginormous 6 bedroom house on lovely acreage in the Santa Cruz mountains for the Thanksgiving holiday. We packed up our bags the morning after thanksgiving to spend the day together. They managed to convince us to stay the whole weekend. 

I was a little nervous about such a long drive with Willow. I gave her a new diaper, nursed her, and put her in the car, crossing my fingers. She didn't make even a peep until the moment we arrived.  Thank you for being such a good little traveler, Willow!

As soon as we got there, Gabriela and Easton rushed out of the car and I hardly saw either of them the rest of the weekend, they were so busy playing with Claire and Natalie, Chaney and Beau, and Nolan and Myra. There was lots of wrestling, game playing, Elf watching, dubsmashing and more wrestling. 

I enjoyed a mama break sipping champagne in the hot tub with Meliss, Adie, and Elizabeth. There was some grown up time by the outdoor fire pit, and even some Cards Against Humanity with all the Grover siblings. I am sorry to say that I did not keep my title as reigning champion. 

The ladies all escaped to do some craft fair shopping and treasure hunting at the thrift store while the cousins and uncles adventured off to the Santw Cruz Beach Boardwalk. I must say, I was a little sad to miss the kids' first trip there. But how special that they were able to share this memory with their daddy, cousins, and uncles. Gabriela went on her first real roller coaster, they got giant ice cream treats, and the report was that they were all so happy and well-behaved. 

I didn't really take photos this weekend. Perhaps because I was getting sick. Here are some boardwalk photos Lane sent me. 






No comments: