Monday, December 28, 2015

Homeschool Christmas Craft Day

I say it so much, but I'm going to say it again. We are so fortunate to have found our homeschool group when we moved. 
I love the friendships, fun, and support we all find in each other. 

Our latest adventure (other than park days and summer pool fun and book club and outdoor movie showings) was a holiday craft fair. 

One mama graciously offered to have it at her house. We had craft stations set up, hot apple cider, snacks to share, Christmas music, and even a holiday photo booth! 

I made eight batches of play dough to share. We added some containers of cinnamon, glitter, food coloring, and essential oils and the kids went crazy mixing their own special blends of play dough. 

The play dough table was a hit. And the only one my kids were interested in. But there was wreath making, Christmas card decorating, cranberry and popcorn garland making, and fabric garlands as well. Since I couldn't interest my kids in making a fabric garland, I made one myself. I love it. 

After making play dough, Easton was happy to play outside the rest of the afternoon with his friends. They dug in the mud, played in the playground and took rides in the tractor. 
Other mamas happily held Willow for me so I could finish my garland. 
Taking photos with her friends!
As if this weren't enough fun, the kids hiked to the park when they were all crafted out and they played outside for rest of the afternoon park day. 

Such a lovely, memorable, creative afternoon was had by all! 

No comments: