Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas

Well, it looks like Santa enjoyed his tamales and eggnog. What, you don't drink eggnog when you eat tamales? Neither do I. 
Gabriela woke up excitedly and couldn't wait for the moment Easton opened his eyes so they could check out Christmas. I loved hearing Easton squeal, "he came!!! Santa came!" 
Willow got a little baby doll just her size. And Easton's favorite gift was his bow and arrow. 
Gabriela was a little excited about her dollhouse furniture. 
And then we spent a lazy day at home together. 
At first, Easton had no idea how to shoot his bow and arrow. After some lessons from Daddy, Easton effortlessly reached behind his back for arrows and shot them straight to the target. He's a Grover, alright. 
Melting my heart, this guy, with the love he's showing his Daddy. 
Here is Willow modeling her headbands and sweet chubby cheeks. 
And here I am with a little Christmas morning tear running down my face. These kids of mine are such loving, happy beings and they are mine and Lane's to love forever. Ian and Adrienne sent a gift for Simone, a new ornament for our tree. It means so much to me that some people have made a real effort to include Simone in the holidays - whether it's by giving her a gift or asking about her, or including her name in a card to us, it all means that people know she's heavy in our hearts, and in theirs too. 
Of course, we ate tamales and posole all day. One day I will have my act together to cook something grand and fancy, but I'm not gonna lie, that tamale plan was pretty fabulous. Do all the work at once and reap in the benefits all day long. 

Gabriela wanted to play monolopy, one of her favorite Christmas gifts. And then she insisted we all watch The Sound of Music together, because it's our tradition!!! (We watched it last year and she remembers). Grandma and Grandpa stopped in quickly that afternoon for a little gift exchanging before heading to Nate and Meliss's house. 

And here is Easton all ready for bed.  He announced to us that he wanted to snuggle with his presents. I had trouble convincing him that you can't wear a quiver to bed. Obviously, he has to try it before agreeing to remove his beloved gift for the evening. 

Christmas was a mellow, quiet affair for us. I'm liking it better this way. The holidays are so complicated for us, at least for Lane and me. I treasure the time we spend on days like this with our excited, loving and living children. 

No comments: