Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Burger Madness

So we were tired after a day of walking all over DC. Gabriela and I decided to take a nap, and you cannot imagine how happy I was when I awoke to an apartment full of groceries that I didn't have to go shopping for, and two giddy boys with an amazing dinner plan up their sleeves.

It was pure heaven to enjoy a delicious dinner without having to work in the kitchen for it.

These boys were talking about their dinner idea all the way home on the metro. We dined on an assortment of MINI BURGERS. Four different varieties. YUM.
Presenting Burgers 1 & 2

Burger 1 - The roasted burger - oven roasted garlic, roasted jalapeƱos and cheddar cheese
Burger 2 - Maple bacon burger with gorgonzola cheese and grilled onions
Burger 3 - Avocado bacon burger with scrumptious Trader Joe's barbeque sauce
Burger 4 - Classic burger - spinach and tomato, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and melted cheddar cheese
Pair it with some roasted garlic and rosemary potato wedges, and you can't go wrong! These babies were out of this world!



They were so good, in fact, that the next morning, we continued the theme with some very similar BLT sandwiches. Lane whipped up a fabulous smoothie. We also had some fresh strawberries and coffee and left over potato wedges. YUM. And again, I didn’t cook a thing! - don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing I enjoy more than being in the kitchen, but this usually means non-gourmet dining.
Thanks for such a fabulous visit and for bringing your mad cooking skillz, David! We always have such a great time with you in DC!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Uncle David did himself proud. I am so glad you helped him enjoy those fabulous looking burgerettes. Yum,yum!

banananutmeg said...

mini burgers! yum! what a fun idea.

Unknown said...

I want the avocado bacon burger! UPS me one next time. =]

The Sylvester Crew said...

Damn!! These burgers look delicioso!!! Can't wait to get my hands and mouth on some good Grover food!

Scott said...

Aww... these are even cuter.

I always thought Lane should open a sandwich shop. Now I'm thinking burgers need to be on the menu, too.