Monday, January 19, 2009

The Weekend

What a treat it has been to have an extra long weekend filled with lots of Gabriela time and friends time as well! Friday night we went out with Bill & Julie to Jaleo for a dinner of delicious Spanish tapas. Gabriela was very lucky to receive a Care Bears board book from Bill & Julie which kept her very busy all throughout dinner. She was so good, she just played and smiled the whole time.

Lane had to work on Saturday, since he's not able to work on Tuesday. Gabriela and I went to the grocery store and I cleaned up while she napped. That night we went to Sean & Jessica's for cake and ice cream since Sean turned 30 over the weekend! His big b-day celebration is after inauguration madness ends.

Sunday night we were brave souls and ventured into the city on the metro with Gabriela to attend our friend's Party Like a Barack Star party. Laura & John always amaze me with their party themes. They had beers from Chicago and Hawaii, and other themed drinks. I had a hawaiian Mai Tai, but before I read the warning - Careful - they're "my 401K just dropped 40% strength"! Gabriela enjoyed the party. She is such a social butterfly - always on her best behavior for parties, smiling and staying up late, and sleeping in later the next day and always in a happy mood. We are so lucky!
This was the cake at the party. The metro was so crowded on the way home. I can't even fathom what it will be like on Tuesday.

Today we got tons done. We took Gabriela to the dermatologist to check out her belly button, picked up her prescription, Lane did tons of dishes and cleaned the kitchen while I did laundry. We watched the entire Martin Luther King Jr. I Have a Dream speech, and then Lane watched Gabriela while I took a nap - heavenly! After we had a carne con chile breakfast with eggs and rice (yum!) I got all crazy in my newly cleaned kitchen. I made chicken stock, then made pesto sauce, just to put in the freezer for another day and then I made a stir fry for dinner.

Happy to have tomorrow off as well. We will enjoy the inauguration of our new president in our warm and cozy apartment with Sean & Jess and lots of delicious foods to eat. mmmm.

No comments: