Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hot! Hot! Hot!!!

Gilroy, the town my parents live in, is always super hot. Of course, we ended up being in town for what was likely the hottest day of the summer.  Seriously.  It was 110 degrees in Gilroy at like 6 pm. This was not okay with me. 

Gabriela and Andrew started out the day by "helping" me pick blackberries at my mom's house.  Gabriela proudly presented me with the bowl I was using and exclaimed, "Look, Mommy! I ate them all!"  Whoops.

Later they ran through the sprinklers, swam in the pool, and enjoyed an afternoon ice cream snack. 
Gabriela is like a little fish in the swimming pool.  With the help of her life vest and floaties, she swims from one end of the pool and back over and over again.  She can't get enough.  She definitely enjoys swimming much more than last summer. Thanks Uncle Matthew for swimming so much with our little mermaid!

1 comment:

heather said...

Oh man, that is hot! Is it OK if I'm still jealous of your heat though? :)

It looks like all y'all are having so much fun! But still Fakesgiving in that heat must have been a feat in itself! There's a reason why all that baking gets done at the beginning of winter!

Love you!