Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Steve's Wedding

My parents' neighbor Steve Verna got married in his gorgeous backyard the other weekend.  As my three year old niece, Mina, put it, "Today's the wedding! It's at Verna and Steve's house". 
We came down for the weekend to help celebrate their big day. The weather was perfect, the kids played on the playground, the food was delicious, there was good dancing, and all for a wonderful couple.
 
After the ceremony, the Hallelujah Chorus played while the happy couple walked back up the aisle. And their cake said, "Steve and Tina, Finally!" Yeah, this was a long time coming.  
The dance party started with the couple's first dance.
 
Here I am with my apprentice, dancing to AC/DC's Shook Me All Night Long.  Mina paid such close attention to every movement I made, even my facial expressions!  What a good student!
 
My parents joined in the dance party too.
 
They learned so quickly!

The next day when I asked Gabriela what she did the day before, she said, "I play on the playground, and I see people, I see Steve and I see Tina, I dance and eat cake. Mommy, I do it again please?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOOOOOVE Gabriela's little quote at the end. my heart's all melty now.

heather said...

Awww this is so cute! Looks like you all had so much fun, and wonderful weather! :)