Friday, September 24, 2010

Gabriela and the Ocean Reunited at Last

 We made a last minute trip to Santa Barbara to help Ian out with the girls while Adie's out of town. As we drove by at night, Gabriela exclaimed, "Mommy!  The Ocean!!  I can't really see it. Maybe, when the sun comes out at daytime, I see it better!  I play sandcastles with my cousins!" And the next day, at morning and night she asked, "meese can I go to the beach???"  So we packed up and headed to the ocean soon after taking Claire and Natalie to school.

 Look how happy this princess is!!!


 We lounged in our beach chairs, had snack time, built sand castles, but spent most of our time getting our toes wet and running away from the waves.
Just look at the excitement!
I caught Gabriela yelling at her daddy in this one. "DADDY!!!! No go in ocean by yourself!!!!"
  Check out these bad boys.
It's a hard life in Santa Barbara.  Gabriela passed out in the cabana on the chaise lounge next to the pool after a day running on the beach.

We're doing work too, really.  We help pack lunches, get the girls ready for school, take them, get them to their activities, help with homework, and make yummy dinners.

3 comments:

morethangray said...

You guys rock for helping out! And the sand castles? Awesome.

Unknown said...

ohemgee! I love Gabriela's little face with the blue glasses on her head. Priceless. I'm stealing it and putting it on my fridge.

kljackson15 said...

All your adventures make me smile!!! Your pictures are amazing, btw.