Friday, January 28, 2011

Gabriela's New Dress

I worked so hard to make Gabriela this little dress over the weekend, and never would have been able to complete the job without my sister, Theresa, my SIL, Kristie, or my mom.  Thanks girls for helping me stay focused, for telling me when I was doing it wrong (even though I didn't want to hear it) and helping me along the way.
 

Gabriela loves her new dress, although even though I made it one size up, it's still pretty short on my tall child. Next time I'll make it longer, or do like Kristie and make an under skirt to coordinate with the dress, because right now, I'm thinking it fits more like a tunic.

Here's Gabriela in action.  She loves her new dress(y shirt), and I'm proud of myself for sewing something special for her. Yay me!

3 comments:

Mom of Crazy Daisies said...

Thanks for all the new photos and stories. Keady and I just had a great time learning about Gabriela's adventures!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

LOVE your picture taking skills my dear! And a beautiful dress on a beautiful girl! soooooo cuuuuute!!!

Unknown said...

I love it! You did a great job. Everyone was a beginner once upon a time.