Friday, January 28, 2011

January in CA

It's a little weird getting used to January in California. Last weekend we were at my parents' house where it was 70 degrees all weekend long.  In winter's defense, there was a two week stretch where the highs were in the 40s. Everyone was miserable and bundled up to the max.  Last weekend, however, was beautiful. We went for a nature walk in my parents' yard and found some fun things like 
 these beautiful trees that my dad planted 11 or 12 years ago. They are ginormous and much prettier than that slouchy other variety in the background.
 Are you kidding me?!?!  Fruit tree blossoms in January? What is this world coming to?  Did I mention the daffodils are all blooming too??
 Dandelions!
 a quick ride on Papa's tractor while it was off, because it's "too loud" otherwise, according to a certain two year old.
 an abandoned bird's nest
and a giant mushroom!

A jack rabbit also hopped in front of us and raced down the field across from my parents' yard. We saw some cool birds, explored some holes in the dirt and wondered who lived in them and walked through Papa's grape vines.  

The next day, Gabriela noticed the hole in the sink and said, "I wonder who lives in this hole"  nobody, I hope.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tim actually planted those trees. Well at least that's what he says. I love the bird's nest great find Gabriela!