Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gabriela Says...

On eating sprouts:
"Mommy, these smell just like tractor"
or like the freshly cut grass she smells while she's on the tractor.
It took me a few moments to figure that one out.

"Girls talk a lot"
Gabriela learned this one from Wendy in Peter Pan.

On fashion:
  "Mommy, those underwear don't look good on you"
Great. Two years old and she is already critiquing my wardrobe. 
When I asked why, she informed me that my bottom was sticking out. 

More on fashion:
Me: Today is a school day, Gabriela
Gabriela: I think I should look pretty like a ballerina

On staying healthy:
"Smoke is not good for your body. 
My mommy told me that when we watch Peter Pan" 

On melting my heart:
out of nowhere - "Mommy, I love you forever and ever in my heart"

"I love you, Mama.I love when you give me hugs, I love when you read me books, I love when you cook with me, and I love when we use the blender to make smoothies."

On dinnertime conversation:
"How was your day at work, Daddy?
What did you do there?
Did you got money for our house?
"

On going out to play:
Daddy: Mommy wants to know when we're coming home.
Gabriela: I don't want to leave until after Christmas!

On growing up:
 "Mommy, don't just call me 'Honey' anymore because I'm the big sister" 


1 comment:

morethangray said...

I was wondering about the "big sister" comment...congratulations!!