Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Week in Gilroy

Gabriela and I spent last week away from Daddy to help my sister out with watching Andrew in Gilroy.
While we missed Daddy very much, we did have a great week of cousin fun.

The weather was amazing, which meant we spent lots of time outside having picnic lunches in the vineyard, playing Red Light, Green Light, playing on the playground, and just exploring outside.  Andrew taught Gabriela how to play I Spy too.  She still needs a little practice... "I spy, with my little eye, something that is brown. ABBIE!" But she was a good little guesser.

We had a really fancy tea party with Andrew, his BFF Skyler, and Mina and Caetlin.  We went to story time at the library. One night we even had cupcakes for dinner.  The cupcake part was meatloaf and the frosting was mashed potatoes. We put candles in the cupcakes and sang the Unbirthday Song for extra fun. We visited Grandpa. We also watched The Sound of Music.  Gabriela sings "ode-ley-dee-odelay" now and "So Long, Farewell" all day long now, and asks me to tell her the story when Liesl picks up her baby sister from the steps.

Gabriela has overcome her tractor fear.  Usually, she will beg me to hold her the instant she hears any sound that resembles a tractor sound.  But on Friday when she heard Papa's tractor, she asked to go out and find him, walked right up to him, and asked for a ride. They rode together for quite a while, with Gabriela steering the whole time, until she was ready for a break.

We also had a goodbye dinner for Uncle Matthew because he moved away on Saturday.  We are going to miss helping Uncle Matthew find his hugs, and playing catch with Uncle Matthew. 

We had a lot of fun over the week, despite the medicine eating incident of 2011.  Gabriela and Andrew disappeared from my sight for maybe 2 minutes.  When I went in the room to see what they were up to, Andrew hid under the bed and Gabriela announced happily that they were sharing medicine.  And then I found the empty bottle. Thank goodness it was homeopathic sniffle medicine. I wasn't worried about them having reactions to the medication, but still!!!  Kids aren't supposed to help themselves to medicine! I was so stressed out and upset. We had a long talk about how you only take medicine if your mom or dad gives it to you.

Gabriela also got to play with Mina and Caetlin, which she was really excited about.  Gabriela was Mama Gabriela and Mina said she was Baby Rapunzel. Gabriela called her Baby Rapencil. The girls played so nicely together. But once, Gabriela yelled at Mina, who then burst into tears. 
Me: What happened?
Gabriela: I just got mad at Mina so I yelled at her.
Me: Look, Mina is so sad that you yelled. That's not a nice way to talk to your cousin.
Mina: Gabriela, next time can you please talk nicely to me?
Gabriela: Okay, Mina, I'm sorry I yelled. I won't yell at you any more.

They give each other a giant hug and walk away holding hands.  As they walk into the other room, Mina says, "Now, what were you trying to tell me?"

I mean, really. Could they be any sweeter?

I wish I had tons of pictures to share with you, but I don't.  I might have a video or two to upload.
It was a busy week!

1 comment:

heather said...

awww, I blubberingly love M + G's conversation.