Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Weekend with Nana and Papa

Basically as soon as we unpacked from our trip to Paradise, it was time to pack up again the very next weekend for fun at Nana and Papa's house.  Our niece, Christianne, was in town and everyone was excited to visit with her.  She is so grown up, just look at her!!!! She was so excited to meet Easton.

There was piano playing. And Christianne sang.  And, well, I may or may not have totally blubbered like a baby watching her sing. I just can't believe how grown up she is now.  Heaven help me when my own kids are all grown up.  Sheesh.
 Nana bought a Slip N' Slide for the kids to have fun on. And thank goodness, because it was like 90 degrees there!  The kids played all weekend long on it.

 Mermaid Mina


My mom conducted a survey of her children independently, to see what she should cook for the weekend.  The poll results: Mexican food, Chile Verde, Mexican food, Chile Verde, and ... Mexican Food.   So, we had a regular fiesta. My mom made Chile Verde, we had burritos also, and then we had fajitas too!  It was a weekend of Mexican food... and margaritas.  See for yourself:
 
While the little kids splashed around on the Slip N Slide, us big kids had some badminton fun. That's right, I had so much fun the previous weekend that I bought a set.
It did not disappoint.


 Everyone got in on the action. 
 A superhero made an appearance for bubble blowing time.

 And after they were all worn out from bubbles and slipping and sliding and frisbee throwing and chasing, they all cuddled together and ate popcorn while watching a movie.  Gabriela passed out in the middle. That's how you know it was a good cousin day.
 Easton and Wes had some fun together too.  Well, mostly Easton. I like to call this photo,
 "excuse me while I eat my cousin's face"
 Clearly, Wes was not amused.

Here, Easton is giving Wes a death grip.  Aww, so gentle and sweet.
 Tickle, Tickle, Tickle!
 Sunday popsicle fun

1 comment:

Mom said...

That was a very special weekend for me. I absolutely loved seeing the grandchildren have so much fun together. Thanks again for being so wonderful, family.