Thursday, June 14, 2012

Why I haven't been blogging regularly

Aside from the whole juggling two children thing, this little book is the reason I have given myself a free pass from blogging every thing we're doing.  I love that this blog has been a journal of sorts, helping our family remember our fun adventures.  But, let's face it people, when you are lugging around supplies and snacks for two (usually in multiple bags), keeping an eye on your running preschooler and carrying your baby, the camera usually gets left behind.  And if I bring it, well, it's a miracle if I actually take any photos.

Enter the One Line A Day 5 Year Memory Book.  I have been using this book since the first of the year to track Gabriela's favorite part of the day.  And, we haven't missed a day yet!  Sometimes, we have to backtrack a few days, but we are almost half way done with the first year.  I knew it was ambitious when I got the book to get through one year, let alone five, but why not set the bar high? 

She already asks me to read about the past week, or sometimes to even start from the beginning and read to her what she's done. I'd say about 95% of it is in her words exactly. On days when she is too tired, I will write what we've done.  I'm hoping this will be an awesome keepsake for Gabriela as she gets older.  It will be fun as we go back next year (and the year after, and the year after that) to see what she did on that exact day for several years in a row.


No comments: