Thursday, October 11, 2012

Eleven Months Old



Wow, I know I say it every month. But seriously, people, Easton is growing way too fast.  As soon as he turned 10 months old, he started cruising around on our furniture. He pulls himself up to stand and cruise around on people, the walls, tables, chairs - pretty much any surface he can get his little hands on.

Easton is picking up new signs every day. This month, he started doing the sign for shoes, fish, airplane, toothbrush, "I hear it", music/song - he made this one up. He claps his hands and tilts his head from side to side.  And, I think he even did the sign for please today for the first time.

It is really opening up our communication and it fascinates me every day. For instance, after I put Easton's socks on him the other day, he immediately signed for his shoes. Another day, we were done with breakfast, so he signed for toothbrush.  And the one that really melts my heart, well one night Easton was super restless. He just wouldn't stay still. I couldn't get him to settle down for the life of me. Then he signed for a song. I started singing and he immediately relaxed, started doing those long slow blinks, and was sound asleep before I knew it.

Easton also communicates verbally. His favorite not-so-distinct-wordlike things to say are "AHHHN" for the light and "Dah!!!" This sometimes means dog. Easton points out every single one we see.  But it also means "that!!!!! I Want it!!! DAH!!!!"  This is most frequently said about our Kleen Kanteen water bottles and beer bottles. 

Easton's newest pastimes are climbing on top of things like step stools and the kids' table as well as doing somersaults. It is the cutest thing ever. He goes into downward facing dog position and waits for us to count to three and roll him over.  Then he immediately gets back into position so we can do it all over again. Easton also adores bike rides.  He gets so excited just to see his helmet, because he knows what is coming next.
It's my lucky day! I found a cinnamon sugar graham cracker left behind by big sister!

Easton is standing unassisted for longer and longer periods of time and he is trying his hardest to take some steps.  He can take one or two itty bitty ones before he topples over.  But let's be honest here, his technique is something more like throwing his upper body forward and then stumbling quickly to take some steps as he's falling and I am (almost) always there to catch him.
I went on my first solo ride this month at Gilroy Gardens. I had fun but my mom was nervous.

Two weeks ago we went to the doctor for Easton's weight check. Dr. Hong was pleased to see that he weighed 18.5 lbs.  I am afraid Easton may be getting a molar, possibly more than one. He started with the runny nose a few days ago and now he is more fussy and his gums are swollen on the bottom.  I hope that the teeth come in quickly so we can get over this.

And now, I guess it's time to start planning that birthday party. Holy smokes, I'm going to have a one year old!!!

No comments: