Thursday, October 11, 2012

Recap of last month

I can't believe I hardly took any photos last month, or that I haven't even blogged in a month.  Thank goodness for Gabriela's favorite things book.  I can share what we've been up to, even though I can't remember myself.

We have been trying to go to storytime at the library and farmer's market most weeks.  We've hosted and gone to dinner with some of our friends. Nana and Papa came over for a sleepover on their way out of town, we went on a sleep over to Grandma and Grandpa's house and one at Auntie Ann's house too. We visited Gilroy Gardens, the Oakland Zoo, the Discovery Museum, and went miniature golfing. Gabriela has had lots of playdates, gone to school, and we went to two friends' birthday parties AND cousin Nolan's birthday party.  We even had some grown up fun - I've snuck out for girls' night a few times and even got to visit with several old friends, including a woman I adore who volunteers at the Red Cross office in DC.  Gabriela was also sick for a whole week this month. She had a fever from Tuesday until Friday, but no other symptoms! I finally took her to the doctor on Thursday, where they informed me that she just had a virus and had to wait it out.

One of my favorite parts was when I got in the van with 10 minutes to spare before I needed to pick Gabriela up from preschool and the darn van wouldn't start.  I called her teacher, informed her I was running late but I would be there.  Then it was a mad dash to get bike helmets on Easton and myself and we rushed over to school. Gabriela promptly asked why I didn't bring her bike.  We then walked my bike to a friend's house, the kids played most of the afternoon and then he helped us all get back to my house. Thank goodness for friends in town.  

More on Nolan's birthday coming soon.

No comments: