Saturday, November 10, 2012

Weekend with Nana and Papa

We went to Nana and Papa's house last weekend.  They just moved and we wanted to check out their new house. Of course, I don't have pictures of their actual house. But we sure had fun.  I mean, they live right behind a cotton field, which was cool for Gabriela to check out. I never even knew that people grew cotton in California. 


 Gabriela picked and picked her cotton and she was so proud of herself.

 My dad has a whole separate workshop in the backyard. He is in heaven.  Next time I will take a picture. My dad, Lane and Matthew spent the whole weekend out there. Here's a table leg that the boys made using the lathe.  It's their first attempt and they were proud of themselves, even though they admitted that the design was a little like a baseball bat.
 Nana always takes such good care of us when we visit. This time, she suggested that we just whip up some tamales. Who says no to that?!?!  Gabriela was such a good masa maker.

 I tried to get a good photo of the kids with Nana in their "I love Nana" shirts, but this was the best I could do.
 Gabriela and Nana did a Wizard of Oz puzzle together and Nana gave it to her since she was Glinda for Halloween.  She was thrilled.
We had a really nice visit in their new home and are looking forward to coming back over the Christmas holiday. I will surely take more photos then. 

No comments: