Sunday, November 25, 2012

Being Thankful

This year for Thanksgiving, Gabriela wrote notes to people telling them what she is thankful for about them. We are used to writing thank you notes, but usually for stuff. It was a nice change for Gabriela to just thank people for things like coming to visit us at our house, being snuggle bugs, or reading stories with her.

We also had our thankful tree this year.  I cut out leaf shapes on autumn paper and we wrote what we were thankful for.  Some days we wrote more than one thing, some days we didn't write anything. But the important part was that we took time to appreciate things in our life.

Here are some of the things we were thankful for:

  • I'm thankful for Uncle David
  • That Daddy works so hard so I can stay home and be with our babies
  • Spending time with my brother
  • I'm thankful for new places I've never been to
  • I'm thankful for the president (on election night)
  •  the milkshake restaurant, milkshakes, Christmas, flowers. Oh! And I'm really thankful for bees because they help make our fruit.
  • spending time with my brother
  • My friend was at school today. I didn't see any round brown things in her hair. I'm thankful for that.
  • I'm thankful for my sweet wife who is the best mother to our children
  • I'm thankful for Helen (one of G's friends)
  • I'm thankful that all of our pets have a place where they can sleep to get their rest (all of our pretend pets)
  • I'm thankful that my kids are healthy, smart, and happy
  • I'm thankful for the flowers because they smell good
  • I'm thankful for Mommy's cooking. mmm, mmm, good!
  •  I'm thankful for a beautiful day celebrating Easton's birthday - lots of giggles, a trip to the zoo, the carousel, so much fun!!!
  • I'm thankful I have a job and can provide for my family
  • I'm thankful for our planet
  • I'm thankful for spiders because they kill flies
  • I'm thankful for a good listening day (mommy) - G was thankful for "you not getting mad at me"
  • I'm thankful for bees because they make our honey, like for oatmeal
  • I'm thankful that we have wonderful friends who help us out - like watching Easton so I could stay at school with Gabriela
  • that my kids have so many aunties and uncles who love them to pieces
  • I'm thankful for our family. Not only our family who lives in this house .... our WHOLE family
  • I'm thankful for healthy stuff - plums, peaches, apples, tomatoes. Oh! And I love goldfish!
  • for the farmer's market. I love taking our kids there every week.
  • and my favorite, Gabriela wrote it all out herself:  I am thankful for mom!!

No comments: