Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Halloween Festivities Continue

Sunday evening continued with Easton enjoying his Halloween Cheerios book while wearing a "Daddy's Little Monster" bib that Gabriela saved for him. 
 This little pumpkin was ready to get busy!

 Can you believe she and Easton have matching glow in the dark skeleton jammies and I don't even have a picture to show for it???
 Gabriela carefully drew her design on her pumpkin, with "fierce teeth" and all.
She really worked hard on that pumpkin!

A couple days later, we decided to make caramel corn because we just didn't have enough sweets around already.   It was a hit.
 The night before Farmer's Market I saw they were having a children's costume contest. So Gabriela got all ready and she won!  I couldn't believe the winnings she got us: a cherry pie, peanut butter cookies from La Farine, apples, pomegranates, grapes, strawberries, organic dried fruit, raw almonds, a bouquet of flowers, and $5 in farmer's market bucks.  As if that weren't enough, the organizer said to come back next week so he could give Gabriela kettle corn and some local honey, since those venders weren't there.    So. Awesome.

I suppose I should let you know that there weren't any other kids there dressed up, but let's be honest. She totally would have won anyway (in my humble opinion). Just look at my Glinda.

 The kids had a little parade at school and then sang us some songs and recited some Halloween rhymes before trick-or-treating to all us parents. Gabriela and I made some chocolate and sprinkle covered pretzels to pass out. 

When Gabriela surrendered her candy to me she said, "Mom!! I got one of those ring pop things!!  Please don't throw it away!! I really want to eat it". This kid is four years old and already onto my sneaky ways. Of course I saved it for her. It was disgusting looking, a Frankenstein head that immediately turned her mouth black. I told her she didn't have to finish it, and as soon as I said that she threw it away. 

 After school, we got Gabriela's costume back on her so she could go trick-or-treating in the afternoon at the stores downtown in Alameda. We met her friend Charlotte and the girls had so much fun together. I am sure Gabriela enjoyed it much more with her friend that she would have alone.
 Some lady gave Easton a tootsie pop.  Really, lady? for a one year old? He tried. But this was as close as he got.
 We love that Tucker's passes out ice cream cones to the trick or treaters.
As soon as we arrived, Easton started to frantically do the "eat" sign.
 How could I deny him??  And on Halloween too?  It was a baby ice cream cone, the perfect size.  What better occasion for Easton to have his first ice cream cone??
 Easton was not complaining.
 These girls gave each other a sweet hug goodbye.  And then we went home for some kind-of-quiet time before heading out again.  This time, Gabriela went out with Daddy. But first, she went to our neighbors to deliver the white chocolate mummies on pretzels that we made especially for them.
Not the best picture of us.  But I just couldn't stand how cute Easton is with the mini-star wand. 


We had a great Halloween this year, we even spent the month of October reading Roald Dahl's The Witches.  So fun to share that favorite of mine with Gabriela.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pics. I like the first one of G during the costume parade. So sweet.
And I cleaned out the girls candy too. I told them I was doing it. The just said Don't take it all! Several crazy people tried to give W candy. Um no he's 7 months old. Daddy got the candy they insisted we take.