Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Yesterday

A day in my life means waiting anxiously for my husband to return from work, so I can let out the tears I have held in most of the day.  It means knowing what I need to do to take care of myself, that the very things I need to do are likely hurting other people, and accepting that I just can't worry about it. It means the reason I have less patience with my kids is exactly the same reason that they need extra loving care from me. 

Most days are on the better side, but yesterday was a hard day - no reason in particular.  But even on the super good days, I think of my Simone every moment.

1 comment:

Meg said...

"It means the reason I have less patience with my kids is exactly the same reason that they need extra loving care from me." Truer words about motherhood and grief were never spoken. May today be filled with extra loving care for you as well.