Sunday, July 12, 2015

Summer fun, week 6

This week one of our new chickens started laying eggs. Yippee! They are smaller than the eggs Scarlett and Pearl are laying, little cute mini eggs. 
Monday, something possessed me to get out all the baby girl clothes and cloth diapers and organize them into the dresser drawers and closet. Gabriela just loved digging through the bins (and bins and bins) of adorable baby girl clothes we have. It's bitter sweet going through all the clothes I put away after Simone died, but we are hoping to really use them this time. 

Auntie Cynthia saved me by watching the kids at her house while I went to the dentist on Tuesday. We brought toothpicks and grapes so the kids would have a new fun activity to keep themselves busy. Easton said he made a spiny fish and a cactus. Gabriela and I worked on a house. Looks like Easton ate some of his building grapes. 
The kids were excited to share Popsicles with Auntie Cynthia on her front porch. 
On Wednesday we met a friend at Habitot in Berkeley. We brought Gabriela here many times when she was Easton's age, but he's only ever been once before this week. Surprisingly, both Easton and Gabriela really enjoyed themselves. I was expecting Gabriela to be kind of bored, but she totally had a blast. She made friends with a two year old boy, took him under her wing and took care of him and played with him. She wanted me to exchange numbers with his mom so she could have a play date with her little friend. Easton loved driving the firetruck especially, and talking on the radio. He informed an injured me that he would arrive in 20 hours to help me. When I told him I lived in el Sobrante, he said it was too far, but he'd come get me in Berkeley. 

Easton helped me make a peach, nectarine, and blueberry crisp for dessert... Without any pants on. 
On Friday we checked out a Lego Brickshow. The kids and I were impressed! There was an entire city on display, with multiple trains running through. 

There were lots of different Star Wars items to spot. 
An entire castle and battle. 
The kids loved this underwater exhibit too.  They also saw the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, an entire carnival with functioning rides, Cowboys and Indians, and even mosaics made with teeny tiny flat Legos.  

We went straight to the park after the lego exhibit, where we met up with our homeschool friends and Easton rode his bike for nearly four straight hours.

Friday night ended with a movie at home and fresh out of the over coconut oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and the kids rough housing and giggling  with their daddy. I swear, the laughter I hear when those three are together is contagious, passionate, and way more lively than with Mama. These kids are lucky to have such a fun and energetic daddy who loves spending time with his children. 
 

No comments: