Sunday, July 19, 2015

Summer Fun, week 8


Saturday was a big day full of long waits at the ER, and a magical Harry Potter birthday party, both of which I have ready documented in previous posts. 

Sunday, we were in post party clean up mode, while the kids had another round of potion making outside.  It was a lazy day around here. Lane and easton played together outside, Gabriela tested out birthday gifts and she and I both wrote letters to her for her birthday book, not to be opened until she turns 18. I put loads of mementos in both her and Easton's birthday books, and it felt good to catch up on saving special parts of their childhood for them.  Lane grilled a delicious birthday dinner for me tonight. What a treat to not decide what to cook, or have to prepare it. Thanks, honey. 

Monday was my birthday girl's actual birthday. We started out with her special request for breakfast - pumpkin chocolate chip waffles. 

After a birthday taqueria lunch, also a special request, we spent the entire rest of the afternoon at the pool with Gabriela's friends from our homeschool group. 
Easton was sure to let me know when he was done for the day at the pool. It was Gabriela's birthday, so we stayed all afternoon and into the early evening. I wasn't complaining with this love bug in my lap. 

The birthday girl had every detail planned for her special day, including the post swimming entertainment ( a showing of The Parent Trap) and menu for the night: "the cutting board dinner"
After spending all day at the pool with her friends, we went to a birthday party the next day, and saw everyone all over again. This time, for park play and bike riding and, of course, cake. 

Wednesday I felt so productive in the morning; I started dinner, made breakfast, hard boiled eggs, made chicken stock. But then, I started feeling all crampy. I got nervous and called my midwife. The last thing I wanted was to be going into pre-term labor. I had to lay down for a while and drink water so the cramping stopped. That was a little scary. I felt silly calling my midwife at the slightest worry, but thought about how upset I would be if something went terribly wrong and I hadn't called, when I thought I should have. Worth looking silly, if you ask me. 

Later, my poor Easton went into absolute hysterics, and understandably so, when the toilet seat crashed down on him while he was trying to pee standing up. There was a lot of blood, a frantic call to the doctor, a shrieking child, some major convincing to get him to take medicine and have a bath. My poor poor baby. 

After all that drama was over, the kids watched a movie while I napped. I had enough mama trauma for the day and needed a break! And then we were finally ready for our actual plan for the day. The botanic gardens at Tilden Park. 



They had fun rolling down the hills, taking turns being the leader, Gabriela was the guide and shared details about the plants and trees. They searched for rocks and climbed around, pretending to be bears. 

Thursday we headed to Auntie Liss's house because she is hosting a little seeing circle with some homeschool kids. So sweet. Here everything is, all set up!

Gabriela made a needle book to hold her needles, and decorated a pouch to keep her sewing supplies. 
She absolutely adores her sewing projects, having her auntie for a teacher, and making some new friends. 

When we left, we headed straight to the Chabot Space and Science Center. 
Here we are, waiting in the planetarium for our show of The Mayan Skies. 




That day was also our fifteenth wedding anniversary. Fifteen years!! We went out to dinner to celebrate with the little family we created. 

We dined outside and played Go Fish all together while we waited for our food. The kids were delightfully behaved. It was just magical to have that special family time. Our fig and prosciutto and arugula pizza was divine, and Gabriela and Easton both charmed our server. That girl is always looking out for me. We ordered tiramisu, and when the server came out apologizing that someone else had just ordered the last piece, my Gabriela informed her that it was mommy and daddy's wedding anniversary. And we had been married for fifteen years that day. This may have had something to do with all our gelatos being comped that night. 

The kids were great at park day. Easton is so big. He pumps on the swing and played with different groups of kids, l different ages, giving this mama a chance to rest. 

We enjoyed dinner on the rug, listened to music, and played several board games together. Yay, family fun njght!

No comments: