Thursday, September 17, 2015

She can see!

I couldn't believe it when we were told Gabriela's glasses might not be ready for two whole weeks, and were pleasantly surprised when we got the call that they were ready so soon. Gabriela was thrilled. She couldn't wait! 

I nearly cried when she tried her glasses on for the first time. She looked all around in every direction, completely mesmerized and in awe of all the details she suddenly saw. She exclaimed how clear everything was and was amazed at how she could actually read signs. Oh my baby, I had no idea she had so much difficulty without those magical lenses. 

The drive home was even more fascinating for her. She was yelling out about every street and freeway sign she saw along the way. The best was when she suddenly announced, "I can read license plates!!!!!"

This girl is so confident and pleased with herself, the details she can finally see in her world, and let's not forget her new look. My heart is so happy to see Gabriela this excited and proud of herself. 

I can finally see!!!


Easton still wants to join the club. 

No comments: