Friday, September 4, 2015

You Are The Mother of All Mothers

This book. Every mama grieving the death of her precious baby should read and own a copy of this beautifully designed and written book.

A grieving mama published an essay of hers, with only a few sentences on each page, the perfect amount of text a mama with a heavy grieving heart can take in. She partnered with another grieving mama to design and illustrate the text, making this book an inspiring piece of art. 

We included a copy of You Are The Mother of All Mothers with Simone's hospital donation, but I never had a copy of my own. 

When the author announced a new edition and opportunity to include children's names in a memorial page of her book, I quickly jumped at the chance to have my Simone's name included. 

Now, I have my own copies of this precious book, and look:
There is her name. And I love that Simone's name is right next to another mama's baby from my SAND group.

Gabriela has known this book was coming and immediately asked to see it when our copies arrived. She said all on her own, "it feels really special to see my sister's name in a real, published book and to know thousands of people will read her name". That seven year old of mine just gets it sometimes. She notices and is very upset that some people never talk about her sister, so this is a big deal, not just for me, but for Gabriela too. 

These lovely cards also came along with my books. 

And this one, I can't decide if I should frame it, or carry it around with me. But in either case, I adore it.


It's so important to me to have this. 

Here is a link in case you are interested in reading the whole essay that is included in this book. 

No comments: