Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Cinco De Mayo Lesson

Last weekend was my first weekend home since the end of March! Lane and I planned to take it easy and just relax. We took his electric guitar to a shop for repairs and then, on that rainy cinco de mayo Saturday, decided to go grocery shopping. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, grocery shopping. That’s when I feel like an old lady, when I grocery shop on Saturday evening.

We got home, arms full of groceries, opened the apartment door and were suddenly bombarded with a sea of loud music in our apartment. I immediately shuddered at our bad neighborship – did we really leave the music on THAT loud? Had Lane left one of his computer video games running? The horror.

But then we realized the sound was coming from outside. Being the resourceful person that I am, I checked online and found that a FREE Gin Blossoms concert was happening right outside our apartment. Shame on us for not knowing what’s going on in our neighborhood! We decided to just enjoy the music from our apartment, since with our luck, the concert would have been ending by the time we got down there ourselves.

We made some kick-ass nachos and strawberry margaritas in honor of cinco de mayo – and learned our lesson too! Stay informed of events in Crystal City!

In my newfound wisdom, I learned of a free art exhibit right around the corner from our apartment. We have to make sure we make it out there!

1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

There are posters about the art thing in my apartment. I was thinking it would be neat to check out.

Sounds like a perfectly wonderful way to celebate the holiday! I want to know more about those kick ass nachos....