Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mesa Grill

Mesa Grill totally lived up to my expectations. We were seated right away, the food was succulent, and the service was great. We started out with Raw Tuna Nachos with Mango Hot Sauce and Avocado Crema. Yum. They were so smooth and creamy.

We had deliciously refreshing mojitos and I was so excited that all the plates were different colors - blue, red, yellow, and the menu was red. Loved it.

Sixteen spice chicken with red chile peanut sauce and butternut squash tamale with hazelnut cinnamon butter
New Mexican Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with bourbon-ancho chile sauce and sweet potato tamale with crushed pecan butter. This dish was absolutely incredible. It was like a crescendo of flavors... they just kept intensifying. I was inspired to try making a similar pork tenderloin at home. Wish me luck!
This was a momentous occasion that had to be photo-documented. Lane almost ALWAYS finishes my dinners. This was the first time (I think, ever) that I actually finished his dinner.


Unfortunately, Bobby Flay was not in the house. David was planning to challenge him to a throwdown.
Later that night, we met this guy named Anthony from Ireland. He had this very Irish accent and was just hilarious. When the bar was closing, the bartender said she could only serve shots. So, of course, he asked for a shot...of Heinekin, in a very tall glass.
We go home tomorrow. Hoping to spend more time at Central Park. Our weekend has been nice and relaxing so far.

1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

Sounds like the most perfect evening to me. I've read this entry a million times - I can just taste that yummy food!