Friday, July 6, 2007

Feliz Cumpleaños a Frida



Today is Frida Kahlo's 100th birthday. Gracias to Sra. Freiberg for introducing me to Frida Kahlo in high school Spanish. We had a unit on Mexican and Spanish artists and I fell in love with Frida. We even took a field trip to San Francisco to see one of her art exhibits. Who knew a tall red headed Jewish lady would be the best Spanish teacher ever?!?

I am hoping to catch a new Frida exhibit this weekend at the National Museum of Women in the Arts. Check it out: http://www.nmwa.org/exhibition/detail.asp?exhibitid=165
Here is a painting I bought when we were in California last. It's a mexican artist's interpretation of one of Frida's self portraits. I actually resisted the temptation to buy it in Paso Robles, but couldn't stop thinking about it and had it shipped to us at home. I think it was a good decision.

No comments: