Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

I've done it. I have officially entered into the last year of my 20's - effective July 18th. In years past, I traditionally have not made a big deal out of my birthday, but I was determined this year to have a great time.

I guess I’ve been celebrating all month by justifying little splurges like the big Old Navy order I received in the mail this week or my recent H&M shopping bonanza. oopsies.


I arrived at work to my cubicle all decorated with streamers and balloons. Our unit has a table which we lovingly refer to as the Weight Loss Table. I received a party invitation for festivities taking place at the Weight Loss Table first thing. We feasted early in the morning on authentic homemade hummus and pita bread, cream puffs with fresh raspberry puree, European chocolates, dried mangoes, more chocolates, raspberry cream cake, chocolate and almond croissants, cheese and crackers…yes, this is why we call it the Weight Loss Table.
Glenn is wearing the requisite birthday boa in this picture, since July 18th is also his b-day. And Habiba, my office mother, is the second person from the left.

I proceeded to have a birthday lunch with Glenn and a couple of co-workers. As if I hadn’t eaten enough already that day between the Weight Loss Table extravaganza and lunch, we split a birthday brownie ice cream sundae. Delish. I also received a series of hilarious e-cards throughout the morning.

If you’ve read my previous posts, you know I have a special place in my heart for Café Citron in DC. This was the chosen locale for Glenn/Elena Birthday Madness. I had a great time with friends and co-workers and mojitos and dancing. So happy that everyone came out!!

Katie left the sweetest post on her blog about me and my birthday and our friendship. Awww. My day was also sparkled with sweet phone calls from my brothers and sisters showering me with birthday wishes.

Lane gave me an awesome Frida Kahlo bracelet and my mom and dad bought me a new Le Creuset pan. Yay!

To top it all off, I received the cutest hand made card from my niece, Claire.

And for all the interesting photos of the night's festivities, click on our pics.

2 comments:

kljackson15 said...

Well I for one had a blast on your birthday! I'm so glad you decided to celebrate - hopefully, you'll continue every year :)

I can't wait to see what you do with your new cooking pan. AWESOME!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Elena,

I really worked hard on your card and I'm glad you like it.

Love, Claire