Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just My Luck

Yesterday started out bright and sunshiny. I was so proud of myself for putting together breakfast and snacks and lunch to take to work. I packed fresh blueberries, yogurt and berries with granola, veggies to eat with the hummus I have at work, all sorts of goodies. It would have been even better if I'd remembered to bring them to work with me :( The moment I got to the top of the escalator, I saw the Red Cross shuttle drive off without me. I had the pleasure of walking to work (usually no biggie at all) but it's definitely not fun when it's humid and nasty and you arrive to work already sweaty!

Since Lane had a boys night (exciting evening at the theater with decepticons and gobots), I decided to go shopping - I recently received a Banana Republic coupon in the mail, and if you've read my previous posts, you know I can't resist these little yellow cards. Katie and I went to the mall, and while we had fun, the trip was a complete bust. First of all, I couldn't find anything at Banana (Boo!) we tried to go to some other stores, but they were relocated and closed for remodeling, and those that were open had nothing for Elena.

We decided to go to Lebanese Taverna instead where we had a drink and some baklava, except our waiter hated us for not ordering more, so he punished us by coming to our table every 30 minutes or so. Thank goodness for good company. I always have a blast with Katie - laughing and girl talk is the best.

Quick weekend update - we visited with Jen and Chris in Annapolis, likely our last get-together before they drive to Ohio this week, went out for drinks with some friends that night, had awesome tacos on Sunday, visited the Frida Kahlo exhibit (super cool) and had some poolside fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest elena,

I hate to inform you, but the correct terms are Autobots and Decepticons.

Gobots are cheap ripoffs not worthy of commentary, outside of stating how much they suck.

Nerd Patrol... Roll out!!

Elena said...

whoopsies. What can I say? You caught me, I'm no transformers expert :) I'll try not to make the same mistake again... officer.

kljackson15 said...

We sure know how to roll with the punches :)