Monday, July 2, 2007

Weekend Report

On Friday we met with some new friends at Mimi's Cafe in DC where they have singing servers. We had a long, leisurely dinner full of laughter and delicious food.

Saturday afternoon I met up with my "office mother", Habiba. Habiba is from Somalia, speaks fluent Italian, and has traveled all over the world. She also has the biggest heart and gives great advice. When I got a phone call about a year ago that my brother was in a bad car accident and had to be airlifted to the hospital I felt terrible - worried about my little bro and upset I wasn't there for him and with the fam. But I tried to just go on with my day without letting it affect me too much. Habiba brought me to her cube a little while later and just gave me a huge hug (when I promptly started crying). She had heard how upset I was and talked it out with me, checked in with me later, made sure everything was ok... that's just the kind of lady she is and that's why I love her. Anyway, we met up at the Crate & Barrel outlet for some Saturday afternoon shopping . But I had to get back early for my big date with Lane and Jen & Chris to see The Phantom of the Opera.

We had a wonderful dinner with them across from the Kennedy Center. The show was out of this world - the singing, costumes, set design and special effects were all phenomenal.


These guys move in just a week. It looks like we're going to have to visit Dayton, OH one of these days.

Lane and I have recently discovered the pool downstairs at our apartment. We just pack up a beach bag and go downstairs. I am a total sissy when it comes to pool temperatures, but I willingly get in and swim, catch some sun and read and read and read some more. I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns yesterday. excellent. It's so relaxing and refreshing down at the pool; i have a feeling we'll be spending lots more time there this summer.

1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!! You look so beautiful all dressed up!